Prescription goggles recommendation

carlm6298

• Baller
I used to wear prescription goggles while skiing. I never found any that did not fog. Preventative sprays did not work for me. I finally gave up and ski without any. I'm nearsighted, but can see well enough far enough to pick up the next buoy. If you find some that don't fog, please post about them or send me a private message. Thanks in advance. My guess is that the more air space you have between your face (eyes) and the lenses, the less fogging you might experience. Some times, if you have enough time between get up and pull out for the gate shot, turning your head to the side allows moving air to get on both sides of the lenses and clears them.

• Baller
Rainex didn't work for me on ski glasses. It is great on windshields. My ski lenses were always plastic (for safety reasons). Maybe that is why Rainex didn't work. When you do get prescription ski glasses, have an optician drill a hole in each lens (out of your line of vision) so that you can tie the lenses to the frame with dental floss. If you take a face plant without the lenses being tied in, the lenses can come out and be lost. They don't float.

• Baller_

Before lasik I wore these. Not terribly flattering bit I never got hurt wearing them. Put a big Croaky Floater on the back so that you don’t lose them. Rained on the outside, Rainex anti-fog on the inside. There are sportier options, but I liked the safety of these.

d5am9rz8ukwy.png

Lpskier

• Baller
Played racquetball for many years, and a common item in any players bag was de-fog. Little round plastic container, balm is like lip balm rub on lenses before go on the court, wipe off with clean cloth. Worked 100% to keep from fogging. Sweating always an issue but goggles never fogged. I'm guessing the stuff is still out there. Haven't looked for it in years. Ektelon and Head and ProKennex were big racquetball mfg's, but the above rec specs are for safety for any indoor sports. Should work here too. Gotta be a ton of similar products for snow ski goggles too