Classic PP vs StarGazer ( What should I get)

scottyspin

Hi everyone,

I am a college student who is home and I have been doing a lot of freeskiing along with some course skiing when I have the chance. I have a 1999 RLX that we drive by hand and I am now looking for a perfect pass system. I am wondering which one I should get while still keeping the cost down. I know that the StarGazer system is a lot better but right now (unless I somehow find a used Stargazer system) I think I would probably end up buying a used Classic PP system. The question is would it be cheaper to just buy StarGazer now rather then getting Classic and then upgrading to Stargazer 2 to 3 years down the road. I want to ski the course more but it isn't the easiest thing to do right now without speed control. Please let me know what you think and if you have seen any used systems up for sale!

• Baller

I think your going to have a difficult time finding a full mechanical classic pp system.

Its one thing to find a module or an old single line display but I never really see a full system available.

I was able to upgrade my classic to SG for free through a friend that was selling his boat. But I looked for a while for a used SG upgrade with no luck.

• Baller

I would save up and go straight to stargazer. That way, you aren't mixing older servo's with newer stargazer modules, and cabling that has been installed and ripped out. A new system is $1389 US. The upgrade from an older system is $699 which really only includes the module and display. (Add zbox and you are looking at $1629 US)

Ask for early Christmas present if funds are low. :#

• Baller

i just upgraded my classic to stargazer this spring and I'm glad I did, just a lot easier.

I see used systems once in a while but no one gets rid of the servo and cables, so you are going to spend 2/3 the cost of a new system just to piece one together for a system that is no longer supported.

One of the issues with the older systems is either the displays are no longer made or the new displays won't work with older systems.

• Baller

Get stargazer. If money is tight maybe get a cheap digital tachometer on amazon for $25 and save until you can get stargazer.

I think All classic is doing is holding rpm contestant. You could Come close with a better tach. Just need to figure out what Tom is close to your target speed.

Or just get stargazer now.