Replacement for Strada?

Dysco

• Baller

My front Strada bindin, which I really, really like, finally gave up the ghost. Im assuming the rear won't be far behind.

What's my next move to keep a similar feel to the Strada, and can I attach to my plates, or get new ones (its been awhile since I've done any purchases, but it looks like the plates are still basically the same...i have the HO pattern).

Fyi I'm no longer skiing the course (no access to one in my area) but still ski typically 28-32 off @34mph.

Thanks for the input.

• Baller
As a warning the Carbitex is quite a bit stiffer than the Strada. There are plastic shims in the sides that you definitely want to take out and it may take a few sets to get fully comfortable on it. I made that move last year and it was definitely an adjustment but worth it. My Strada had gotten sloppy and the new boot is much more responsive.

• Baller
Thanks again for the help. My old boss runs 88 Gear (if you haven't heard of it, check it out, runs it by himself) so I was able to run over to his wearhouse and get a new, but swapped out vector for a great cash price.

• Baller

Question: I measured the heel of my Strada binding before removal, put my new one in the same spot, 29 5/8 (didn't change the rear binding). Hit the lake yesterday and could. not. get. up! That has happened... never times since I've learned to slalom. Been on lots of skis, lots of new bindings, fin set ups, canoe paddle, could always find a way to get up.

It didn't even feel like I was on a ski. It wanted to flatten out way too soon (and I like getting out front early getting up) and wanted to turn hard right immediately.

I double checked the fin and settings, no change. Binding feels really good on my foot. It was completely baffling to me and my ski buds.

I doubt you have had a similar situation, but if so and you solved it, let me know how.