Wide Ride

Stevie Boy

• Baller
One of the Reasons I ask is that, now that I have reached the point where I ski @32mph would the Wide Ride have been the perfect option, Alas! due to demand not manufactured anymore or though I do know of somebody who skis 35off on a Connelly Outlaw with a non-stock fin block.

• Baller
I have never skied on a wide ride at any speed, nor have I read the above mentioned discussion. But I'm not at all sure that a wide ride would be your perfect option at 32mph. I do ski on a 69" Senate Pro at 30 mph, and it is about 1/4" wider than a 69 1/2" Vapor. At 30 mph I find the wake crossing less pleasant. The wider the ski the more on edge one must be at slow speeds. Of course we should be on a hard edge at wake crossing on any ski (IMHO), especially at slow speeds.

• Baller

@Ed_Johnson I just know I am going to get hammered here, but please I was given this information and things may have changed somewhat, I know of a Big Dawg skier who had a Denali and in the end just gave up on it because he said he had trouble getting it to turn.

Now it may have been a C65 / C75 or maybe a earlier model, I just do not know, but when given that information, you have to tread carefully, the problem is at this moment in time, with all the Covid thing going on, I cannot get to Demo one.

I am in no way doubting that the ski is good, but when something gets in your head it,s hard to remove it.

Video of Adam Caldwell or Adam Cord is great, but it would be great to see video of a average skier who does not have the talent that they have.

• Baller

I was on the wide ride for a couple of years on and off...Was one of the easiest turning skis, very different from anything out there at the time. It was like trying the first parabolic on snow. It swoops out from under you with ease and makes for an effortless turn. The reason i got off of it, was that it was so wide up front, that if i got behind at 38 or 39, I could not dig past the 2nd wake to stay in a pass if i needed. I could not hold it on edge to fight through a "less than good " pass; It would bounce me up into the next edge change because it went flat.

As for the Denali, I watched 3 skiers on it this weekend at Trophy lakes. What I noticed about all the 3 was the way the ski finished the turn completely engaged with the water. A lot of ski in the water, and completely under control. All of them skied very well. The ski tip/rise when it sits on a table or floor is about 1/2 of other skis. I will be trying one in the near future.

• Baller

@Stevie Boy .... Believe me when I say "I do not have the talent that they have." This ski is simply the easiest ski to be on, "EVER." It just simply does what you tell it to do,

Other skis I have had to tune to specifically run short line passes and sacrifice the ease of longer lines. With the C75 it just doesn't matter. I can not tell the difference at all. It just simply has no Bad Habits, it just does what you tell it to do. The more technically advanced you are the better it will reward you. I am the only limiting factor on this ski.

I run C2 Plus on this ski, and it is the only ski that allows me to do that. It stays in total control and is very forgiven of mistakes. It has saved me from many OTF's on my offside.

Still working on that offside forward lean and cast out.

Another benefit is that it just pops you out of the water on pull up. Blows my mind that a 65" ski can do that when you are 6'4"@ 220. I just have to say it is the easiest high performance ski to ski on and is not sensitive to having the perfect numbers dialed in. Some are just better than others.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson and VONMAN you guys are starting to get me excited, you may have cost me many dollars, got to figure out how to get my hands on one in the present climate, thank you for the insight , would want to put a Tfactor on the front, any ideas if this would be a problem, perhaps one of the guy's at Denali may have the answer.

• Baller

@Stevie Boy Whatever boots you are running now if it be Tfactors go for it. I've been running D-3 Leverage front boots a rear toe for over 18 years now. It's one variable I can control when changing ski's. I remember trying a different boot for three days and felt like a beginner. What ever you are used to, will make the transition easier, at least to your feet.

Ernie Schlager