Draining my block

Bhaynes85

Just bought a 1998 mastercraft prostar 190. I'm trying to learn how to winterize it this year myself. I drained the block on the port sode no problem, the starboard side has a knock sensor attached to what I'm assuming in the drain plug on that side. Unscrewed the starboard side with the knock sensor and NOTHING no water? Is this normal, had grease on the end of the bolt only? The motor is a 350 5.7L GM if that helps anyone.

• Baller
If you're not already on it, go to the MasterCraft TeamTalk site and you will get good answers for all your questions about that boat. However, note that July in the Northern Hemisphere at least is a bad time to talk about winterizing because nobody wants to think about that right now.

• Baller

@vtjc is right.

There's big chunk of rust blocking the drain.Take a piece of steel wire (coat hanger) and poke around and water and rust chunks will come out.You should really do that on both side.If a there's a lot of rust you can leave the drain plug open and run the engine while moving the steel wire to flush it out.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
ALWAYS poke a nail in through the hole, EVERY hole! Rust and crap can accumulate on the inside and plug the hole from the inside. The trapped water can/will crack your block. This has happened to me and was a complete bummer!