The right ski for my wife

darosman

• Baller
I would strongly recommend the HO Omni or the Carbon Omni. I think it is the most amazing and versatile skis available. Because of its design with the rear clean-edge, it has so less drag than the other skis on the market. This makes it fast and effortless to get outbound width. But it also makes it so much easier on the body and less tiring to ski. In a nutshell, if she free skis, she skis longer. It also makes it a breeze to get up on. But man, can it perform. You want to crank turns, it will turn! At 32-33 mph and the way you described her, she sounds like an aggressive skier. So I would probably recommend the Carbon Omni.

• Baller
Radar is a great ski. But I swear by the Omni. I feel it has features that other skis just don't have. As for the length, its a matter of weight and speed. So it depends on what your wife weighs. But unless she is really on the heavy side, or the very light side, probably a 65".

• Baller
The VTR is, if I remember right, a 2016 ski. It was a great ski. I actually skied on it for a season. Its might be more ski than she needs but she would probably really like it. It was HO's top tournament ski that year. Its not the Omni, but its a great ski. It will have more drag than the Omni because of who it was designed for. But if she skis at 32-33, she should be just fine on it. Is it new or used?

@darosman The Radar Lyric is also a great ski but if you have your wife demo it and the Omni you will know for sure. The Omni is the only ski with clean edge technology which reduces drag by 50% and increases acceleration, it is a game changer for a hybrid width crossover shaped ski that is very capable in the course.