2021 Syndicate Omega Max: Green Ski Construction

ROBOT

• Administrators

Width is Lift. Omega Max is a wider variant of the Omega design, created to increase acceleration from turn to wakes allowing for the early, tight line skiing skiers’ dream of. For 2021, we’ve taken the highly successful Syndicate Omega design and increased width, providing more surface area for stability in the course, while retaining quicker turning properties. The Syndicate Omega Max also features an Updated Bevel Package. Its rounder, larger bevel allows ski to roll on edge better with increased stability.

In addition, we’ve given the ski a round “squash” tail shape, allowing for quicker, smoother turns while maintaining speed through the finish. The Omega Max’s 4-stage rocker line with a true flat spot located under the skiers front foot, moves through the wakes and outbound better than any Syndicate ski to date. A reduction in concave volume, compared to other Syndicates, allows Omega skis to maintain skier speed more easily for improved efficiency with less skier effort. The Syndicate Omega Max features an all new “Green Ski” Construction, containing a new Recycled Thermoplastic Core and 35% Natural Glycerin Resin, a by-product of biodiesel production. These new materials enhance ski performance and reduce environmental impact of ski manufacture! The result is a more dynamic and responsive flex, making it easier to get wider with less effort. The combination of the core & resin amplifies the lighter feel with quicker rebounding than ever before. The Omega’s 4-stage rocker line with a true flat spot located under the skiers front foot, moves through the wakes and outbound better than any Syndicate ski to date. A reduction in concave volume, compared to other Syndicates, allows the Omega to maintain skier speed more easily for improved efficiency and less skier effort.

• Baller

So...I guess I'll go ahead and say it.

Maybe I'm the only one, and that's fine if I am, but the amount that I care about the environmental impact of my waterski is really small.

Looks like a cool ski though. If it performs great, then...more power to them.

• Baller

Whats it feel like when you as a individual, ski on it, somebody else has said, Orange, Green, Purple do I care, what,s it like to ski on, Chris Parrish looks great on it, I am nowhere near the standard of CP, maybe a good alternative to the Senate, guess people will have to ride one to find out.

Nice Idea, I wish them success with it.

• Baller

Omega Max is narrower than an Omni and a Senate (which are close in width to each other). Currently the Omega Max concept is only planned as a 67" and is intended for those buoy chasers who might have otherwise chosen a 68" ski. The size offering may be expanded at a later date. Rough speed/weight ranges are:

32mph: 150 – 190lbs

34mph: 180 – 210lbs

36mph: 200 – 230lbs

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@Martin1980 your question: "so what ski would you recommend for someone that skis 34mph, weighs 150 lbs and working on 35' off?"

150lb skiers running 32 off don't really need wider skis, so that moves Omega Max down the list for you. So then it comes down to what kind of ride you want between Pro and Omega. Hard for me to know since I've never seen you ski and I don't know what skis you've liked in the past, but I think you might love the new 66" Syndicate Pro as it seems like most mid-shortline skiers like the added grip/downforce to scrap through your harder passes.

Very shortline and longer line skiers seem to be gravitating toward the Omega (not always but we see this trend).

- Longer line skiers (15-28off) seem to like Omega because sometimes body position is lacking and they need a little more help with acceleration.

- Very shortline skiers (38 and shorter) seem to be preferring Omega because it rides higher and has more of a drift/smear/rotational component to the turn which can help in controlling slack.

Hope some of this info helps you!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@savaiusini I'm 6'4" 180 lb and just just got through 15 off 32 mph this year on a 2018 67" Carbon Omni. Thinking about a new ski next year. Would you suggest that I demo the Syndicate Omni or Omega Max next?

Edit: I want to add that I like the green ski materials for the Omega Max and would really like to support that idea. If the ski is a good fit I'd love to show support for it.