2021 SYNDICATE HARDSHELL

ROBOT

• Baller

@MarcusBrown - Is the release the silveretta 840, or is it a stainless steel version of the 750? Can I retrofit the new stainless release onto my older syndicate hard shell?

Also looks like the metal rivets in the eyelets are now removed by default as well.

Really nice!

Thanks

• Baller
I had the very first version of this boot and these improvements look awesome. Love the toe room & stainless construction of the release mechanism. Of course previous improvements such as injection molded footbed (vs. 3D printed) and updated toe loop come along too. Nice job.

• Baller
@Martin1980 More toe room unfortunately does not mean enough room to use a rear hardshell. For pairing with the hardshell, we recommend either a rear toe plate or a more loosely sized rubber boot like a Venom or an Animal.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
What is the point of having a nifty release mechanism on your front foot while your back foot is still in an old-style rubber binding? Will that not make the rear foot/ankle more vulnerable? A rear toe loop seems to make more sense.

• Administrators
@BugHunter Most (not all ) skiers who use a front hardshell ski better with a less rigid back binding. Double hardshells is an extreme setup.

• Baller
Last year I swapped from double Goode hard shells to the syndicate hard shell. I first tried the reflex rear r-style, but then bought a rtp. Still using the rtp this year. Mind over matter. If you can get the “mind” ok with it then it don’t matter.

• Administrators
the move from a back boot to a rtp is an extreme transition. I was able to go from double boots to a Reflex R Style without any issue and that is what I recommend people do.

• Baller
I agree with the extreme transition. I probably couldn’t have done it had I not Just started back skiing last year from a decade long lay off. And I’ve thought about putting the r-style back on every time that back heal slides around after a bad turn.