Does anything in this picture make you nervous?

Horton

• Baller

Everything!! Looking at how these skiers are geared up though this is not a high speed division.

I would however be wearing a wetsuit to prevent unwanted water intrusion into body cavities and goggles. Pretty sure that Radar ski will be operating outside of its design parameters. The top class in this sport reach speeds into the 130 MPH range. Would be fun to watch.

• Baller

It's all wrong! Who thinks this s%@t up?

Skier: I'm so bored.

Boat Driver: I know, let's see how fast I can pull you behind my boat rated for 130 mph.

Me: So I just stay behind the boat??? How do I know if I won?

Boat Driver: You win if I hit 130 mph and your ski doesn't explode and you skip across the water for a 1/4 mile.

Me: Where's the handle, let's do this?!? Oh, hey, can I bring a friend?

Boat Driver: Mmmm, ok.

• Baller

That is a Radar Satori... I have one hanging from my wall (new), very beautiful ski... it suppose to be a fun ski primarily... didn’t know it could work as a speed ski too ?

It is wooden on the outside flat ski, has no concave, 90° edges and a plastic non adjustable shark fin.

• Baller
I think the bindings are back about one hole too far. The skier should order a Mikro-adjust and try it about a half a hole farther forward. Of course a fin adjustment may be all that's required but I left my 18" caliper at home.

Well, if you are really strict when it comes to protective gear and want to play it safe while having fun then yeah a lot of things are wrong. It reminds me of some old photographs that I have seen where the skiers are naked. I can't imagine the amount of pain and injury back in the day gave you. I tried to black and white to color as I am a big fan of editing photos and to be honest the colors resembled pretty much an HD photograph of today. It's really impressive with some photo editing apps can do nowadays.

• Baller
I think @Horton is suggesting that they look ready to race wearing bikini bottoms boardies and a radar slalom ski. What I think you’ll find is that this is a social category... almost looks like a family category ie: where everyone in the team has to be family members and it is very social usually with max speed limits and with limitations on not being allowed to use proper race skis. Looks very Aussie