Hard core barefoot start

o2bnMaine

• Baller

Here's a video of a friend of mine with some grit. He hasn't barefoot this season until I got to Maine on Sunday. On Sunday, I gave him a rough start... I forgot that the zero-off was set to 34mph and, in the middle of his get up, I had to slow down, turn off the ZO and then accelerate to 40mph without him thinking anything was wrong. He managed to get up and foot for about a mile.

This morning, I gave him a rock-solid barefoot start without adding anything friendly. I smoothly got him to 40mph and he then proceeded to stand up. But since I did not turn the boat to help him slide outside the wake he ended up standing up in the turbulence.

Watch the video to see what grit looks like for a barefooter. I don't think I've seen a rougher get up behind the boat (yeah, that may be a challenge for this thread?).

Corey has been barefooting for the past 5 years, but has not developed much confidence. Last summer was the first summer he felt he could "just stand up" without doing a long ritual/process. Last summer, he probably wouldn't have tried to hold on through this start.

Thanks for the video .Got my attention . Had a Barefooter on my boat once, Wes Brent, he had me up in no time behind my Sanger flat.Sat on a hydro slide,popped right up.I might have made it 100 feet and I was down.That must be where they came up with the saying "he ate it". Face first. I want to try again so bad ,but at 65 ,not A good idea !

• Baller

@markn @Fam-man I just saw your comments.

Five Fingers makes a great product that doesn't impact performance, but does stop the burn for the occasional footer. I just bought these and they've been working great for me. I will alternate between footing with and without booties to try to extend tolerance.

zvf84jd1z8ys.png