Reflex sizing

mtnskiskate

Anyone out there with an 11 wide foot riding Reflex 5.0? I measured my foot (11.25 inches) and ordered #10s. They sent an Intuition Aqua and it is way too tight ( as is the rear hybrid boot). I can't see a thin liner working either. Am I going to be swimming in a #12?

Thanks

• Baller
I had the same experience with the 5.0. Followed the Reflex measurement guide and the #10 that I ordered was impossibly small, even with the thin liner. I returned it for a #12. I normally wear a 11.5 D (average width) shoe and the 12 works just fine. You can use the buckles to manage how tight it fits to your foot (the volume of the boot). I use the larger Intuition liner, thin liner was sloppy. The only problem I have with the 12 is that the plate it comes with is really long and the front of the plate is well beyond the inserts on my ski and the pressure applied by the release causes the front of the plate to bow up by about 1/4 of an inch at the front of the plate. That was unsettling to me so I eventually drilled and epoxied two more inserts into my ski to hold the front of the plate down (there were slots for this on the plate. It may not have been needed, but it gives me peace of mind. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Baller

also, if you heat mold, you can buy a to small liner and after heat molding it will fit and be thinner than the "right" size. This is a tip I got from Fluid Motion long time ago. I acutally did that just a week ago. Since Aqua is a more comfortable liner I bought one size small, an S instead of M, for my Reflex 5.0 shell size 10, and swapped my thin Reflex liner to an Intuition Aqua. It made the boot a bit tighter but that was what I wanted and not as tight as the Aqua M would have made it.