D3 ION/ION-S settings

ballsohard

• Baller
I'm on the 67" ION. Stock fin and boots 1/8th back from stock. Ski is awesome, and literally run passes I have no business running. I had a quick set on an S with the same settings. I ran pretty close to the same score but the feel wasn't the same for me. Just a touch less support in my opinion. If I was way lighter it would work well.

• Baller

Skiing at 34 mph on 67" ION-S, typically through 35 off. I preferred the blue over the red, maybe because I am closer to the lower end of the weight range or find the softer flex a little more forgiving.

FB at 30.00" for the following:

Stock Fin - 6.921, 2.475, 0.735, 8° (standard wing)

Whisper Fin - 5.741, 2.514, 1.846, 7.5°(big wing)

I was able to get two sets on a 66" ION-S this month. Granted its winter and drysuit weather I wasn't expecting much. First set I was scratching my head as I could barely run my opener (-22). Second day was better, but still different not the wow factor I was hoping for. I'd like to blame it on the cold weather.

Excited to try to figure this ski out this spring. Settings are all stock.

_________

Update:

I just wanted to say, I am very impressed with D3 and their service. Shortly after this post, Terry reached out to me to find out more and see how he can help. He provided great insight and I am very excited for the spring.

Thank you Terry and D3

• Baller

My 67” ION-S is at stock on the fin with the boots 1/8 back of stock.

I have only skied on it twice at the end of last season and I liked it.

Just curious if there are any settings that people really like on the 67 ION/ION-S that are worth considering giving a shot after I settle in on it when my season starts up.