Heaters

Hofftoski

• Baller

@Hofftoski I put a heater and a circulating pump in my 2002 Sunsetter LXI and they work great. Did the whole job for under $300. Just ask @Rednucleus how much he enjoys the heater. He even runs it during the summer season at Bow lake. Also installed a hot water shower to make it easier to get into our Wiley bindings during the cold water season and for warming up our hands and feet during the winter ski season

• Baller
Wouldn't have a boat without a heater. Circ pump, you can put in a $20 pump from Amazon and it'll work great. I'm going on season 3 with my cheapie little Amazon pump. My favorite thing about it is the fact you can run it with the engine off between skiers and have continuous heat.

• Baller
I put an aftermarket two vent heater in my 196 about 10 years ago. Identical to HeaterCraft version. Still no issues with core although I do fill heater with auto antifreeze for winter layup each year. At the time it ran me less than $200 for entire setup. Google "aftermarket heaters" for present day versions. Install is very simple.

• Baller_

To keep my drivers happy, both a heater and seat heater are appreciated. Seat heater tends to get more of the 'happy vocal noises' :D

As others mention, off season care and even summer care help extend the life of the core. I use shut offs to avoid continuous raw water running through cooler during the warm months or even T it off during the summer and RV antifreeze off season.

Wouldn't own about without one. I even run it on early mornings in the summer. I installed this https://www.bakesonline.com/heater-craft-200-pro-series-complete-heater-kit.html The Y return has an orifice that keeps the flow hot once the motor is up to temp, even when at idle speeds. I have a 20 minute idle back to my house and it blows hot air the whole way back.

Although I did have an electric blanket which helped and will not eventually leak. I installed ball valves at the inlet and outlet lines. I also installed my heater core so the inlet/outlet hoses were at the bottom, this would allow the core to naturally drain each time pressure is released.

• Baller_
@Joeprunc, I installed my heater the same way - with the vent outlets pointing up and the inlet/outlet hoses on the bottom for drainage. I had the bigger series heater. I also had to get their extended bracket kit to mount it to the floor and give clearance for the fan and the inlet/outlet. The Y pipe works well for me also.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@PeterAK the Jegs heater has 2 nipples that the hoses coming from and returning to the engine slip over just use a standard hose clamp. I bought heater hose from an auto parts store and the fittings coming out of the engine I got from a local hydraulic hose shop. You could probably find them online too. Good luck. Let me know if you need pics of the connections