Wake crossings

Jetsetr

• Baller

After taking some NASTY OTF’s (all off side) crossing wakes need to get mentally and technically back in the game. Thinking of slowing the boat down to 26/28 and taking “baby steps” on getting the ski to carve thru the wake on edge. Start just outside of the wakes and work on edging thru...

A lot of this is mental and I need to progress with confidence...I’m making decent turns, have a decent stack/position but letting the ski go flat once I get to the wakes...

Thoughts?

• Baller

Was thinking doing the Givego coaching...$20 is well worth it...

After they get done laughing I might get some solid advice...

Haven’t had any OTF’s this season, but I’m chickening out at the wake (self preservation thing kicking in). Obviously can’t make any space in the course doing that.

• Baller
Terry Winters coaching is first rate. My stacked posture crossing the wakes is noticeably better after his lesson explaining with great detail what and why I should be doing it different. Side by side video of me versus him at the same line length and speed, with markup on the video to help illustrate what he was saying. Totally worth the cost.

• Baller
I just got home from a weekend of coaching from @twhisper and I’ll just say that it was amazing, and is an absolute worthwhile investment in your skiing. I had a nasty crash in June and suffered total PTSD with my offside wake crossing afterwards. It’s mental. If your form is good, you have to trust it. Don’t look down, don’t look at the wakes. Look to where you want to go, and let it rip. Once I started focusing on where I wanted to go (the next buoy), I never even noticed the wakes.

• Baller
Wake crossings are (one of) my weak spots, as an OTF with resulting forehead stitches a couple of months ago reminds me of. Since then I have started to trust my lean against the boat and I am creating more angle cutting across the wakes. It's definitely mental.