Your favorite tournaments? Besides regionals and nationals.

DSP

• Baller
Three years into skiing tournaments, our family loves the whole scene. We skied far too many years before getting into it. But now that we’re doing it, which tournaments are most fun for 17, 23 and 25 year olds? I’ve blown it a time or two by having my older kids come to tourneys where there are mainly M4 & M5 old wrinkled dudes. Then I’ve traveled to get the score I’ve wanted to find a ton of kids skiing well, goofing around and having a great time. It would be nice if the tournament guide was more clear on the number of rounds and skiers per division. Even if skier turnouts were posted from the previous year.

• Baller
@DSP all of this information is already available on the website. If there is online registration for the event, you can click on event search, check registration status and see all who have signed up for the tournament. If you want to see who skied last year, click on scores, view scorebooks and then change the date range on the top banner to see last year's results. Doing all of this is easier if you use the old website.

• Baller

@DSP I like your profile pic...great shot. Skiwatch in Milton is my fav, but I have not been to many of the other high end sites like so many ballers have.

Great people and for sure you smattering of M3,4,5...but also some kids that were really good skiers from the Kennedy's(on site), Kelly Breeden, Sean Hunter--no longer kids these one's but great skiers to watch grow up just killing it. The record tourney they had a few years back had Parrish, Mechler, Regina and another pro I'm having old man memory block on his name right now (apologies, dude...I remember you killed it).

Usually it's a weekend double so you get 6 rounds and if you show up Friday some practice sets.

Caution @The_MS lives there now, and he hates kids. His best friend is @thager. @horton posted a video earlier of his starting dock routine...so beware of that guy, too. Just kidding, both are great guys from MN.

• Baller
It would require some travel for you and your family, the Travers Grand Prix is truly remarkable. (Okahumpka, Florida) Did my first one last year. The concept is 1 Pro and 3 skiers make up a team. There are 3 events.... 2 rounds of slalom, Skeet shooting and go-kart racing. "A ton of fun for the whole family!"

• Baller_
I skied a class C at Corey and Amelia Vaughn’s in Bumpass Va. this weekend. it was a great tournament. Low key, good scores, bonfire, lots of kids, lots of great folks, and... wait for it... two minutes of coverage on the local news. Well worth the considerable drive to get here from Orlando.

Lpskier

• Baller

@jjackkrash Agreed any NCWSA tournament, especially in the midwest, those kids are the best!

Favorite AWSA tournament has to be Green Lightning in Wilmington, Illinois! Idk if I've ever skied so many sets in a weekend. Great people, camping allowed on site, and the fish fry is amazing. Roy is a master behind the grill.

• Baller

I do not ski tournaments anymore.

I use to go to the Masters but once they brought in Wake Board it was not the same to me.

Currently as far as watching, any Big Dawg I have been too was great.

I watched the 2020 Malibu open on the web cast and I must say I would have loved to have been there.

I only have time to ski on the weekends so I do not want to give up a weekend to go to a tournament.

I hope to retire in 2 years (maybe 1 year if things work out) and after that I plan on going to watch several tournaments around the country. My current tournaments I would like to visit: Any Big Dawg in US, Malibu open, Lake 38 tournament, NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize, Any pro tournament and nationals.

Hope retirement comes soon.

oldmanskier (Tom)

• Baller

The Rossi memorial tournament up in Vermont was so special and so close to soooo many VT breweries..just a great family trip with some skiing and super nice people!

This year I got to go to the Oakham tournaments. The Goodhues make you feel like family, my kids all left getting the bug. This year was extra special as the Oakham site is up for sale and I got to hang out with some people who are not only great skiers, but amazing people until wayyy too late at night for being first off the dock the next morning :)