Leaky Hybrid Drysuit - DIY repair

skibrain

• Baller
I think the coating that is in between the layers starts to crack and water permeates through the fabric. I used a heat gun on the back of my Boost hoping to renew the waterproofing for a new years day ski. It did not work. I also like the idea of Flex seal on the outside of the fabric. I think the rest of my seams/seals/zipper are good.

• Baller

Update: didn’t even use the dry suit this spring. Pulled it out of my closet today for a mild-weather test before I REALLY need it.

My DIY repairs pretty much worthless. Leaking water all over. Poured water out of sleeves and legs after taking it off. Maybe the seam sealer and flex seal dried out when stored during the past 10-11 months. (Indoors, dark closet, etc).

No regrets on the effort, but its time to buy a new dry suit.

• Baller
@skibrain - The Fluid suit I found on ebay was a nightmare to get. I thought I'd been scammed but the buyer finally shipped WEEKS late. But for $300 was worth the wait, skied warm and dry into January 2020 and back out in March. Gamechanger. Glad I tried to revivie the Assault suit but just no way to make them dry (as others have discovered).