New Ski

bdaring

Been skiing on a 23 year old 70 inch HO , I am 212 pounds and mostly free ski want a new ski and have been looking at a Radar Senate Alloy 69 inch with HO freemax binding. I ski pretty hard and want to be sure I am upgrading and not settling for a good priced ski. I can get a 2020 leftover for $550 with bindings . I tend to overthink purchases! Will the graphite be a way different ski? Haha HELP!

• Baller
That 69” ski will be plenty of support. I would definitely look at the graphite construction or higher. I am about 205 pounds and have skied the Radar Katana 67” extensively in the course over the past two summers at 30 and 32 mph at 22 and 28 off and it turns great.

• Baller
I agree with the comment to look into and spend the extra $$ on a graphite version. I just sold my 69' graphite to upgrade to a pro-build. The graphite was AWESOME, but one pull on the Pro-Build and I knew I made a good choice on the upgrade

• Baller

The Graphite/Lithium/Pro Build are different, costlier skis just short of what a SERIOUS deep course skier would use...

Are you THAT person?

If NOT then go with the Alloy for $550...

IF you decide to pursue course skiing the Alloy will get you deep enough to know if you want/need a upgraded ski.

Kinda like buying a F1 car to learn to drive in...