D3 NRG R1 with the Denali CG fin`

Jaypro

• Baller
Has anyone out there tried the CG on the R1? I love the offside, it feels automatic, but have struggles with a consistent feeling on side. Running pretty stock fin settings, moved my front boot back an 1/8th and that helped. I really like on the offside so I am trying to minimize significant changes. I was wondering if the CG was working on that ski for anyone?

• Baller

I ran the ski close to stock for awhile and was really pleased with the results. Recently I went to a short and deep setup that buoyboy1 recommended, and was real happy. That setup cleaned up my onside and I'm still getting great results on the offside.

My current numbers are 29.75 6.922, 2.480, .756 wing 8. I'm using the CG fin.

Buoyboy1 recently recommended bumping my DFT to .762 with the water cooling. I haven't done that yet, but I'm guessing it'll be a good move.

• Baller

Used both the CG and Whisper Fin on the NRG and both greatly improved performance.

Best performance improvement for the onside turn cost .15 cents. As per instructed by Adam Cord, to place a washer under the center fin box bolt to attain a depth differential of .030....This greatly improved the onside turn. RFF equals washer on left side.