I am curious about water ski equipment.

wonwoolee

• Members

I am curious about water ski equipment.

I am an amateur who enjoys water skiing in Korea.

If you go to the HO Ski site, it is divided into three categories: Course Skier, Crossover Skier, and Free Skier.

The explanation says that when you start water skiing, you use Free Skier, and when you reach intermediate level, you take Crossover Skier skiing, and if you are good at athlete level, you take Course Skier.

The design of the ski is that Course Skier skis are designed for 32~36MPH speed, Crossover Skier is designed for 28-34MPH speed and Free Skier is designed for 24-28MPH speed.

I'm a beginner in Korea, but I'm riding Course Skier Ski.

When I was a beginner, I tried Goody, D3, Raida, Syndicate Pro and chose Syndicate Pro.

As I kept looking at the equipment, I found Syndicate Omni. In terms of explanation, I thought that Omni would be a good fit for my skills, so I bought Syndicate Omni and tried it.

At this time, my ability was when I was running the slalom 46km/h, but I felt that OMNI was riding better than the Syndicate Pro, and I was riding Opni.

Korea is starting with Syndicate Pro, D3 Evo, Radar pro builder Vapor, and Goode TXC skis.

In foreign countries, I wonder if you use the ski equipment according to your skills.

The fact that the manufacturer has classified the skis means that you have to ride the skis that suit you by skill level.

• Baller

I think @ryota is in Korea he would probably be a good person to connect with about skiing in Korea as well.

The categories are guidelines. A skier in the Free Skier class will be easier to get up on, more supportive at slower speeds and less responsive. That said if you can get up on a ski and have fun on it you can ski on any of the classifications.

• Baller

@wonwoolee your ski is great for that - the best thing to do is to ski with people who buy the latest and greatest and see if you can try their stuff as you improve.

Not sure in your local scene if you get pros that come out representing brands Joel Howley has done stuff in Korea - not sure when that returns to normal.