Prostar Trailer Width

503Kento

• Baller

I'm try to buy @zakdog 2001 Prostar but his trailer at 8' 2.25" is too wide for my garage (8' wide). I've got a buddy looking into modifying the garage but I'm wondering if a different trailer is an option.

Would a single axle trailer be any narrower?

Is there even a way to have a 94" wide trailer carry a 91" wide boat?

Thanks,

Kent

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller
Wouldn't expect a single of the same brand trailer to be narrower, but it is just a matter of trailer design. My trailer is around 97" wide for a boat with a 98" beam. (102" if you include the guideposts) You would need to look into trailers that tuck the wheels in and raise the boat up a bit.

• Baller
It used to be the ProStar would sit tucked in between the fenders of the trailer, 2001 model year included. The 2014+ is wider and has to sit above the fenders to still keep the trailer a legal width. So you could certainly modify an older trailer for the boat to sit above the fenders like the new ones, but I'd bet it's cheaper and easier to widen the garage door.

• Baller
Thanks for your input guys. I contacted a couple of trailer companies one told me it could not be done and another can do it but at a cost of 8K. I can’t get enough width without going to a single garage door so I’m pursuing that angle but it’s not likely to be a whole lot cheaper than the trailer option which busts my budget.

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

Can you find a narrower trailer from another boat and have it modified? $8k would be a lot of $$$ for a weld shop and some paint?

You likely need it to sit high enough to be over the tires vs between.

Oops. I kind of restated what @Sethro said.

• Baller_
I think your best bet is a bigger door. I lived in a split level house when I brought my Sanger home; realized after purchase door was not wide enough. Had a new header put in and increased door to 9 feet. IMO easier than sourcing a new trailer, and door will be ready for other future boats!