Info on the waterski lake behind the mayan watersport complex on playa del carmen

jcwaterskiparadise

• Baller
Hello ballers, as a belgian waterski coach, i am always looking for vacation waterski trips for my members here in belgium, in the middle of the winter. I saw on google maps a waterski lake with a boat, close to the mayan watersport complex. I saw also a discussion title on this subject long time ago, here. Impossible to have a contact person or a email adress to organize something. Some of you guys get some info on the place? It's still a boat running on the lake and who is operating it, or the thing is shut down...

• Baller

Do not waste your time, was there for two weeks last year, had to get the boat out of the shed, had to get the boat running, had to install a slalom course, (not very accurate but we were skiing), the friend I was with had to bring a few buoys to actually have a course and had to find random buoys in the bush/shed/wherever, had to get fuel for the boat when needed a few miles down the road, had to launch and load the boat everyday, which we had to track down the only truck they have from the workers every morn, the display went on the boat last couple days left so we were hand driving and using our phones GPS to try to keep a steady speed, it was super windy everyday and we had backhoes taking rock from the lake and creating vertical shorelines, so we had regular rollers plus backhoe bucket rollers.

the place could be AMAZING but they could care less, it was good to ski, but with all the effort it would of probably been easier to drive to Cancun and ski there, the most positive thing out of it was the story...it was a daily adventure..