2000 Supreme 19 CS, Competition series opinions

Ohopbob

Posted an earlier thread before I was certain of the model. At less than 15k it is more in my price range. Low hours and extremely well kept. Composite stringers and EFI are priorities. Similar age hours MC and nautique are 5k above their asking price. But If will not like the wake it’s all for naught. Have had and been in a lot of boats but this is my 1st dedicated ski boat. Most important use will be open water slalom on a small lake.

• Baller
I am familiar with the '92 CS, but not sure what changes took place between then and 2000. the '92 was actually a pretty good hull. It was the first time that a "backwards" step was used to move water around under a ski boat. In this iteration it was a v at the rear of the boat. This is similar technology that the Nautique uses on the 200 and Ski. The wake was actually really nice, but the backwards step caused quite a bit of drag, as do the new hulls. Back in 92 the strongest motor available was the PCM pro boss 351 ford at 285 hp, which was adequate, but not really strong enough in my opinion. My boat was actually one of only two to successfully pull regionals that year. When I received the boat I thought the engine was really weak. PCM sent me a "better" 285 and I swapped it out. The boat was pretty nice with that engine. Due to the takeover by Genmar at the time and all of the wally things they did to the boat while being built in the Wellcraft plant in Avon Park, I also had to a lot of other tweaking to make it a capable boat (replace the 60mph speedos, section the bottom of the speedo pickups and reposition and mount them lower to get them into cleaner water. (that was before speed control). Quite a few other tweaks to steering and hull and mine was a really good boat. Unfortunately Supreme sent a boat with a green Mercruiser 260 inboard to the boat test in '93 and it failed the acceleration test. (No big surprise to me). So the 92 was the last year Supreme was an AWSA towboat.