HO Omega Max vs Radar Senate's

jenksski

Very interested to hearing people's views and feedback on the 2021 HO Omega Max.

I currently ski on 2016 Senate Graphite and would like to upgrade my ski. Skiing 30/32mph 16m.

Hard to say, but what Senate line would you compare the Omega Max too? Pro? Lithium?

Omega Max looks a great ski for a more reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

• Baller
I’ve ridden the senate, the omega, and the Omni. Not the omega max. All great skis. I would say the senate is more like the Omni. Omega rides a little deeper and is faster at everything. Omega max looks closer to omega. Your results may vary.

@Clydesdale, Thanks for the info. I agree, won't know until you demo a few.

I'd like a stable ski which performs well. If my body position or technique aren't great, need a ski which would help me out.

Hence why I'm leaning towards a higher end ski with more width.

Some guys say, to ride a high end ski if you have the $$$, as rather than a ski which suits your ability level.

• Baller

@Jaypro I suppose some people have the money to speculate, but with the Ski Prices, now being fairly high, because you have spent big bucks doesn't guarantee that the ski will suit you, it's ok to ask the question, to get a general feeling of peoples thoughts about a ski, but you really do have to ride a ski to determine whether it's a ski you can work with.

It is so difficult for people, who for one reason or another, do not have access to a variety of skis to demo.

Typically most of the time for me, it is tied in with a trip to Florida or tho there now appears to be another option in the UK.

• Baller_
The Omega Max would "compare" (and I use that word very very lightly) to the Senate pro more than the others, however they are different skis design wise. Both have been hard to keep in stock however as we are selling them as fast / faster than we can get them in stock, as everything at ports is backed up, and getting a container to ship in is backed up even further.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller

@Jaypro We did keep a few for the demo program, and they were so well-liked, the customers kept them. We are now more than likely out of stock until the 2022 models start arriving. Based on the success this year, for 2022 this ski will be offered in 65, 66, 67 and 68 and in two different build types.

As @mike_mapple stated, the entire supply chain is still grossly out of whack since demand is roughly triple what it is during "normal times".

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
I won’t go negative on any other brand. Everyone has their favorite and they’re all good. But.... after trying multiple skis this year I went thru HO to demo a 68 omega. (I’m a little fat for a 67-even the omega max.) Their demo process is painless, and the ski is un-freaking believable. I smile every time I ride it.