New season...New ski

T_C

• Baller

Some may question the wisdom in starting the season on a new ski but I decided I was ready for a change. Been on D3 for years. I am not a good ski tester so to start off on a new ski especially with a ski as different as the Pineapple (Parson's Project ... great name by the way) was a bit of a reach. Normally it takes me ten or so sets to get comfortable at the beginning of the year so I'm ready to spend some time adjusting. First three sets I just free skied to see what it felt like.

1. When you roll it on edge you better hold on!

2. From centerline out to buoy it is fast! getting wide is automatic.

3. With the water temp 43 and the air 49 I was COLD!

Fourth set I got to to lake and it was white caps! When was the last time you got to the lake with white caps and couldn't wait to ski? Thought I would lose some fillings but the ski felt rock solid.

Fifth set I wanted to try to run some buoys. The water and air were still cold but oh well.

32 MPH 28 off (I'm OLD) was a bit of a rodeo. Great speed through the wakes and strong side 1,3,5, felt good but I couldn't turn off side. I was hesitant to call Nick to ask questions about set up but he his response was immediate and friendly. With the water being cold we decided to move the boots forward and the fin forward. Rain for the next few days so I won't be able to try these settings but I am looking forward to the next ride. It's good to be excited about skiing again!