Any Skiing Going On In Abilene, TX?

lhoover

• Baller

There is at least one wakeboard boat dealer there. Think Tige. They'd probably know watersports better than anyone. I know when I lived in Midland there was some skiing that happened on Lake Alan Henry,which is an hour and a half from Abilene. And I've heard on Lake Fort Phantom Hill which is about 15 minutes north of Abilene. The problem out there is that no lakes are constant level.

Isn't Insta-Slalom out of Abilene?

• Baller

Insta slalom is out of the Abilene area. The guy who builds it has a ski lake southwest of town near Buffalo Gap. He used to have a course on it. Maybe you can work something out with him.

Tige has a plant in Abilene. I believe Phantom is fairly full right now. If it’s full now it’ll be skiable all 2021. It’s a rough lake, runs north-south.

I grew up on that lake. Back then it was only the wind and fisherpeople that ruined good skiing. You get one or two wake boats on that lake there’ll be no where to hide.

Good fishing and sailing there. Don’t wear anything white. The clay bottom turns everything reddish orange.

• Baller
I drove past the insta-slalom guys place, it looks like an incredible ski lake! But, like everything in West Texas, wind protection is lacking. The day I made my coworkers drive past the wind was almost 40mph. They were not as impressed as I. Do update us if you find anything though, I’m out there a fair amount, next week, for example