AATA Junior Development 2021

Skibabette

• Baller_
No Jr Development due to Covid in 2021???WTF? I’m in the tower at my third Florida tournament of the year. There’s an article in yesterday’s news that outdoors events are not only not super spreaders, they are actually reasonably safe. Okay, it’s Fox News; MSNBC/CNN may differ. But the article quotes the Washington Post.

Lpskier

• Baller
@Jody_Seal Not if your measurement of "success" is deaths per capita. Florida has had more than California. And that's even with a big assist from humidity. Florida should be much lower in deaths and infection rates given its warmer, more humid weather.

WTF, I asked if Jr. Development was going to happen, not for your opinions on COVID-19. Please stop. It’s not helpful and nobody is going to change anyone else’s mind on COVID-19. If I wanted to see these arguments I’d go on Facebook. ?

• Administrators

@Skibabette THANK YOU for telling the guys to behave.

I will likely do some dort of Jr Dev thing at my house in July. I do not have dates or details.

• Baller_

@Skibabette

Maybe try with to find a way of getting virtual training, its a good time to teach these juniors the rules of the sport.

Maybe a video from their practice sent to a coaching group online on a given day online.

maybe incouragement by you and other parents to find alternatives for the Jr development cordenators to work around.

Junior programs should continue in some fashion or another.

Having been a Junior development cordenator my self I know these types of challenges can be over come or adapted..

• Baller

California had the Best of the West Junior Development last year in June and again this year.

It’s up to the AATA (Arvin Area Tournament Association) organizers I would guess. Arvin area lakes are hosting 10 tournaments this year. Seems like business as usual. There won’t be skiers to hold tournaments in the future if JD falls to the wayside. Best bet is to let them know you are willing to volunteer to make it happen.