Masters qualifying

• Baller

I guess what i meant was what is the schedule for the first tournament at pickos? I will be down there and was going to go watch, but wanted to see when certain events are going off and who is going to be in the tournament.

thanks

• Baller_
I’d say the answer is “everybody who is anybody.” Everyone wants a shot at the Masters. But as Will Asher points out, you can spend $1200 in entry fees, plus travel, plus food, plus a room, call it $2500, for a shot at winning $5000. If you think about it strictly in those terms, it’s not a good investment for most of the skiers at the events. But hope springs eternal.

Lpskier

• Baller_
@MattP They probably did paper entries to control who gets in. If entries were on line, I could have signed up just so I could say I skied in it, and in so doing take a slot from someone with at least a chance. If the entries are paper, they can pick and choose who gets in. Spoiler alert: Tournaments do that all the time

Lpskier

• Baller

visit www.masterswaterski.com /news to view the Masters Qualification Series minimum performance thresholds.

We are hosting MQS II and have quite a roster of athletes who have qualified and entered.

Open Division Qualification scores:

Open Men’s Slalom: 6 @ 10.75 meters

Open Women’s Slalom: 3 @ 11.25 meters

Open Men’s Trick: 9,900 points

Open Women’s Trick: 6,600 points

Open Men’s Jump: 61.0 meters

Open Women’s Jump: 43.0 meters

Junior Division qualification scores:

Junior Men’s Slalom: 2 @ 11.25 meters

Junior Women’s Slalom: 2 @ 12 meters

Junior Men’s Trick: 5,800 points

Junior Women’s Trick: 4,500 points

Junior Men’s Jump: 42.5 meters

Junior Women’s Jump: 33.0 meters

Junior Men's Overall: Meet or exceed the IWSF World Ranking List overall score of 1578.91 OR meet or exceed at least two individual event disciplines benchmark scores

Junior Women's Overall: Meet or exceed the IWSF World Ranking List overall score of 1606.37 OR meet or exceed at least two individual event discipline benchmark scores

For more specifics, visit

https://masterswaterski.com/news/nautique-announces-masters-qualifying-series

• Baller_

@lpskier

Many skiers are a bit taken back with overall cost to qualify just to make $5k. However to be master's champion means more to many then money. Truly a accomplishment in this sport.

Now had I been the benevolent dictator of the event I would have had two qualifying rounds wed&Thursday at Robin lake (Moomba style)as in the past the site is pretty well set up by the end of the day Tuesday.

Plenty of Quality judges and drivers in the area to run a set primary rounds.

The area and resort could have used the extra income that an extended day event would have created..

This year a new slalom course is in and already homolgated in the last 90 days.

For spectators the course is now a number of meters closer to the west end.