WANTED - Ski Lake Home in Katy, TX

SkiGal

• Baller

Okay, so FL is way over-priced! A kind water skier mentioned Katy, which is more in our price range, and now I'm interested to buy a home there. $500-$800K with a covered boathouse, 3,000 sq ft. I like to be near culture, so an hour's drive to Houston for ballet and theater suits me fine. And hubby needs to fly internationally for work every three months, so a big airport is a must. Our grown kids live in L.A., D.C. and Chicago, so we are open to anywhere.

Please advise...

• Baller

@lathompson Listing says 2nd chance b/c buyer could not close. Princeton Lakes is a great site, that house should not last long.

I wonder if the price spike in ski lake homes (and others) is creating problems for loans and getting appraisals from comparable properties?

• Baller
@JayG80 Could be. The few recent homes for sale here in Princeton Lakes were under contract before they were even listed, and some sold for higher than asking price. Crazy market right now. Prices up ~20% from a year or so ago. Still, $156/sf is not bad.

• Baller
@lathompson With price of materials. you can't build that house for $156/sf right now. I saw a guy flaunting his wealth the other day, he had 4 sheets of 3/4" plywood in the back of his truck.

• Baller
@ski6jones he’s more of a wakeboarder/surfer but he does ski and wants to learn course skiing. I got him on a new Senate last year. He has a Nautique G21 at his house in AZ. If he buys a boat for skiing (which I’m trying to talk him into) it’ll be a Nautique.