Are you serious about understanding slalom?

Horton

• Administrators

The below two podcasts are pure GOLD. If you want to better understand skiing I highly recommend you listen to both.

https://anchor.fm/spraymakers/episodes/The-Perfect-Path-e10km3o

https://anchor.fm/spraymakers/episodes/Work-Zone-eso10h

• Baller
Excellent job of compartmentalizing slalom. Breaking it down into this type discussion of specifically what happens where, start & stop, is exactly what we need more of. This is easy to understand and put into practice. Very well done.

• Baller

So good.

2 things...I wish they would introduce themselves at the beginning of the cast for those of us who are new and don't know the voices yet. Also I'm..wish it came with pictures to further illustrate what they are saying...but you know...podcast.

• Baller

Great Info. When I see or feel a skier hammer the line/boat at the finish or the turn I know that nine times out of ten they will be giving up that load behind the boat. By moving that maximum load point behind the boat progressively from buoy to center line you will achieve a tight line and a powerful swing. I call it "Slow Down to go Fast". As the line gets shorter the angle to skier to pylon increases. As the angle gets to 45degrees when the line and boat loads up it will overpower you or you take a hit from the boat. By putting the Max. load behind the boat you will be wide and early to pick your release and turn in point with enough speed to carry you to better angle/load pick up point and progressively load the line to Max load behind the boat. You will not spike Zero Off at the ball, only behind it where it can't hurt you and it's you best friend. It will feel like you are in the Zone, like slow motion.

Ernie Schlager