Back foot always falls a sleep!

CCPD3

• Members
I have size 12 feet and always have seemed to struggle with the back foot falling a sleep. Maybe I should go to a RTP but it been too long with DB. Currently on a syndicate hard shell up front with a rear animal. Don’t really want to angle the boot too much but I open to ideas. Just for reference my rear foot has fallen a sleep in most brands. Radar vapor boot might be best for rear for me but won’t work with a hardshell up front.

• Baller

Boot is too tight cutting off circulation...

Bigger boot/big RTP maybe HRTP.

I know they can “stretch” snow ski boots with heat and a form...maybe an option if they’re true hard shells (not familiar).

Has to effect your skiing.

• Baller

I went from dual rubber binding to reflex front and RTP for this exact reason. Best change I've ever made for my skiing. Makes a huge difference to ski in complete comfort. Simply made me want to ski more passes.

I had been skiing on double bindings for literally 40 years. I learned with RTP and skied that way for 7 years when I was a teenager. Not sure if that made the transition any easier. When I first switched to RTP 3 years ago, I felt like I was going to fall off the ski for about a month.

Here how I managed the transition. At the start of a season, I switched my rear binding from an HO Animal to a Radar RTP. Took me about a month to adjust but then had a better season than the last few seasons. But I don't like a tight front binding and RTP for safety reasons. I also wanted a more comfortable front binding.

The beginning of the next season, I swapped the HO Animal front binding for a reflex hard shell. That turned out to be a more difficult transition in terms of how different if felt at first, but the time to adapt was actually a little faster. I was back to skiing at the previous level in 2-3 weeks. And again, had more improvement that season than in any recent previous seasons.