Returning to the sport

Tylerh

Hi all.

I'm a fit 40 something. Always loved slalom skiing growing up, but just used in open water behind my dad's 21' searay bowrider. 30-32mph. Enjoy making big rooster tails and carving, but not competitive.

6'3, 185lbs.

Have 4 kids. Can't afford a new ski. Want something maybe 10yrs old for an intermediate skier. Not up on new technologies... something like the HO freerides look a little on the wide side?

I got hold of a "jobe 1850 hp1"? In excellent shape with an obrien boot/binding, for cheap. Haven't tried it yet. Thinking it might be overly narrow.

Would like to hear insights from all the veterans here!

• Baller

Having recently come back to more traditional skiing, I can reliably tell you that ski tech and terms have significantly changes in the past years.

The HO Freeride is highly rated and the O'Brien Sequence is an unsung hero & great value allrounder at around $300-350 new (with bindings)

• Baller

80% of my skiing during the pandemic was on an HO hovercraft at 15 mph behind a pontoon boat at 28 and 32 off.

It was crazy fun I recommend it to anyone.

This summer I am mounting a pylon on my pontoon to reduce the snake wake. This should be it's own sport.

@ErikBerghiller a pontoon version please.