Upside down wing?

david_quail

9dzy9ujhl9h0.jpeg

Call me a a dummy … I deserve it … but I think I just realized I set my new ski up with its wing upside down and have been skiing like this all year. Funny enough, I’ve been skiing better than ever, setting pbs.

Any fin whisperer want to tell me what effect this will have caused wrt the performance of my ski? I hate messing with settings so part of me is tempted to leave it until end of year :smiley:

• Baller

Upside and backwards, was the result of being in a rush to go back to “my old ski” after a dalliance with a new model. I didn’t know until it was noticed by Kieth Albritton on the starting dock as I was getting ready for my 2nd round of a 3 round tournament. tmvozq30pcil.jpeg

vk34ltw06lv8.jpeg

• Baller

@JackQ you may have found something useful in the offside/onside dept. We usually have to give up something to get something to work better on the other side. Some can run 9 degrees on 1 side, and get "maybe" 9 1/4 on the other....

I don't think i ever tried that configuration, but it ought to have a similar effect. The side with the wing lower (left side of photo) should help stop the ski from blowing out on 2/4/6 side of course....using 2 sets of wings, you could have the wide part of the wing towards the rear of the ski on both sides.

• Baller
when you do traditional lamination you have a ton of extra resin and when you press the ski it fills all the voids. when you lay up prepreg its pretty dry and the surface ends up fairly rough so unlike say D3 that come out shiny and beautiful goodes get painted.