Water skiing after LASIK eye surgery

Ddog3

I got LASIK (not PRK) eye surgery here recently and I was wondering if you all can share your experience with me and how it affected you on the water. Ive heard that the cornea after LASIK makes the eye weaker and more susceptible to impact. Anyone have some hard crashes? Hit in the face by spray?

• Baller
No issues since 2009. I was advised to have some sort of protection for the first 6 months so I got some spex, which I like so much that I'm still using them on bright days. I've had countless crashes (on water, snow, and mtb) and no issues yet. I did take it easy for the first 6 months, but haven't thought much about it since.

• Baller

I had mine done 20 + years ago and went skiing the next day. Had a massive eye lid peeling crash and was sitting in the water holding my eye thinking oh my god what have I done. It was fine. Let me tell you it is AWESOME to have perfect vision. Better than glasses ever gave me by miles.

I only crashed because I was so busy checking out the beautiful scenery in High definition and my ski wanted to be on edge so it just threw me!

• Baller

I had mine done about 20 years ago. I was so blind they told me I would probaly need a

enhancement after the first round I did have to get the second round done about 8 months later. The only scary part was after 8 months they did not even have to cut the flap again to lift the lenses back they just peeled it back. I wore googles for about a year for to be on the safe side. Like said above best money ever spent I am 65 and can still see much better then when i was 12.

• Baller
Had mine done in Feb, amazing experience! I had a bad astigmatism in my left eye my whole life. I ended up losing several pairs of prescription goggles, gave up on those. Everything now is 4K HD, so happy i did it! Here’s the guy that did mine in Vancouver Wa. He has all the latest technology equipment and has done over 75000 procedures. He offers a $400 referral discount, just use my name. https://www.willvision.com/

• Baller
@mlange not necessarily, I wore contact that were mono vision and I had lasik mono vision done, it's amazing! Mono visor is one eye sees distance and one eye sees close. Best thing I have ever done, but I do know ppl who could not get used to the mono vision. Good luck!