2005 Tige 21i Ski wake

mudmixr

Currently skiing behind a 94 MC 205. Great wake but looking for a little more room. Looking at a 2005 Tige 21i. Anyone have any comments or experience about the ski wake?

Thanks

• Baller
Ski a Tige 21i at a ski school a couple seasons in the mid 90’s. Skied with 92 and 97 Pro Stars at home. The Tige was a nice boat, wake is a little harder (more firm) than the pro stars, and slightly roomier than a PS205 but not by a lot. Not sure about wood in the floor/stringers?

• Baller

What kind of skiing do you do?

I have a 94 190 and one in our group has bought without asking anyone,his first ski boat:a 21i 98 or 2000 can't remember cause we don't use his boat.Ever.

We ski in the course only.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
Jamie Beauchesne and Chris Rossi both skied them, as far as I remember. I know it’s an endorsement, but those guys were at the level that they could cave picked whichever boat sponsor they wanted. I could only guess it’s a good boat. My first inboard was a 94 Tige SLM and it was great. The wake was small, but as mentioned earlier, a bit harder than my buddies Nautique of the same year. I don’t know about any changes made as far as design or construction.

• Baller

Maybe the 20i was a better slalom boat but i doubt it.

I have to tell why we won't ski his Tigé,no brand bashing just the truth.

Wake is ...big,hard as a brick wall at all line lenghts.He is a 28 mph longliner that can't run the course yet and is 140lbs wet.He simply get airborne at every crossing.

I'm a mid 35 off@34 skier and 190lbs and not a very technical skier but still get to my 3 ball @ 35 off every day and the wake at 32 off is the worst wake i ever skied behind any ski boat.

Holeshot is terrible as you drag for ever (Mercruiser 320 ? ) handling is lacking and tracking is worst.

18 years ago,i was the first indboard on my lake.Now with many new ski partners who all asked for advices when buying time came i will give you the same advice i gave all of them:

stick to the big 2,Mastercraft and Nautique.

Or 3 if you're Malibu guy.

Edit:And i didn't even talked about built quality...

Edit 2: Lots of Tigé in my area as there was a dealer 20 minutes from here with many lakes around.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@Andre agree especially in used boats...stick to the quality builds. You can find a diamond in the rough, I kept my Centurion pristine but the build quality is nothing like my Nautique.

Not sure where to tell you to go out of a PS 205 to be bigger but still have a great wake. You get bigger, the wake is going to suffer. You are about as big as you can get and maintain the wake.

So...keep the 205. Put a tower on it if you need to (blasphemy right?). It will get your skis/boards off the floor and anything other than slalom you can hook that rope to the top and use your back seat.

I had the the bigger brother, an 2005 22i and skied if for years. Around 2002 Tige changed the hull to be more multisport and went composite stringers. At slower speeds the wake is fairly big but bumping the speed up, Taps at 2 and a little front weight would shrink and soften the wake. Is it going to be a tournament level wake, no but definitely a great wake for the size and intended use.

This is the wake around 30 with Taps at 1

xrcfar4c2fkn.jpg

• Baller

Like @Wish I skied Rossi's at TBS years ago.

I was only running 28s @ 34. Chris asked what I thought about the wakes. I felt as long as you held a good edge through the wakes, it was 'ok'.

Chris said he called it "feedback". If you were not edging well, the wakes would let you know.

I prefer 'feedback' from an observer or video. B)

• Baller

I think Tige had switched manufacturing out of CA by then. I love my 1994 Tige SLM 2000 with 454 EFI. The SLM's shared mold with the Centurium Falcon (Fineline Industries) of same years, but used a different glass, resin and top cap. I often ski behind a 1996 Natique, 1996 MasterCraft and also a 2014 CarbonPro Recently, The only wake I like better at 30.4MPH than mine was the Carbon Pro. Here is 30.4MPH with a friend driver making his 2nd drive ever through the course.

I can endorse the Carbon Pro at long lines and slow speeds. I have a 2016 that matches the 2012 SN 200 our club had as they are wake friendly at those conditions. It's a bare bones slalom tow boat at less money than a SN. There is also a You Tube video that demonstrates the CP wake at speeds and rope lengths. I also get behind a 2002 Malibu Response LX that produces soft and low wakes behind the boat too.