US Nationals Schedule and Webcast

Horton

• Baller

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I was surprised by how much I prefer watching trick on the webcast over the other two events.

I absolutely love jumping and slaloming over actually doing trick, but even in the younger divisions it's more fun to see how people vary their trick runs

• Baller
Note to Troy, announcing lake 1: I can only speak for myself of course, but what you claimed everyone would just love… slalom skiing under a dome… I find appalling. It would be almost the last thing I would want to see. Only tournament cable skiing in place of tow boats would be more unappealing. But that’s just me.

• Baller
While for non Open divisions I'd like to see better conditions for y'all, I love watching the Open skiers deal with the weather. Especially the men. You can really tell the Midwestern guys train in sub optimal conditions. Cale and Nate's 41s were great scores.

• Baller

@Horton "maybe but most of us expect reasonable conditions" that's pushing panda category. An outdoor sport has to expect the variability of weather. We're not talking random rollers from sea-walls or barges here, or even river current.....it's just weather. Practice in it and be prepared. Those that did are standing on the podium, those that didn't missed their 1st pass.

Also, this isn't like most amateur tournaments where you're going for the best score you can get to try to qualify for nationals.....this is Nationals, the last step where you're just competing against the others, in the same conditions.

• Administrators

@ScottScott exactly 50% of the skiers in W4 missed their opener because of the wind. That is pretty extreme from my perspective.

• Administrators

@ScottScott if you make it nationals and miss your opener because of wind I will not laugh. I might offer to by you a beer but will not laugh at you.

I created a poll about wind. Be interesting to see what the Ballers say about skiing in the wind.

• Baller

I felt sorry for my son. And many other B1 kids. It was his first nationals. The wind was stiff down the lake with occasional gusts enough to rip canvas off of peoples tents. He didn’t run his opener and said he couldn’t even see the buoys.

He had a good attitude but I was crushed for him.

• Baller

@Cnewbert man exactly the opposite opinion. Id love to see nothing more than some form of indoor ski facility with world class facilities at any time of day or winter.

Your comment to me seems like what someone said the first time an ice hockey rink opened.

This sport will never survive if it aint on a pond in the rain ya hear. Aint no one wants to see hockey in a building mark my words.

I still love to play pond hockey.

The first indoor ski facility that is roofed temp controlled with a high throughput volume will be life changing. If its in a northern state where colleges could hold allstars in the winter, host their winter gala. Then you can get a set after work. In winter. Or ski when its raining and windy.

Sign me up!

i wish there was a way to have a flex day when weather blows. but how do you pull that off for the kids?