Omega Max

Stevie Boy

• Baller

I have always thought there is a market for a slightly wider 68” ski that could have a narrow tail that would turn quicker than the 69 and 71 skis for bigger skiers.

The 69/71 skis are like stretching a Porsche 911 and expecting it to handle turns the same as the short wheel base.

• Baller
From the HO product video it sounds like the Syndicate Omni will not be made and the Syndicate Omega Max will essentially take its place in the lineup. So someone at 32 mph and wanting to progress could go with that. They always seem to blur the lines and make things confusing though, this year with the Carbon Omega Max and Carbon Omni. Now everyone will be asking which of those to buy. I’m sure many will also ask if they should go Omega or Omega Max.

• Baller
So I had the chance to ski the newest Omega Max Labor Day at a demo day with Chris Parrish at the Valensin Ski Ranch here in NorCal, which is a fabulous site that has a 2019 Mastercraft. CP was nursing a shoulder injury from the Hilltop tournament on his last 39.5 off, and was not skiing so he let me use his ski. I went out with CP' fin settings which worked for me. I am Men 7 ran 28's on it easily which is a fine day in my book. I think it would be a good choice for 32mph skiers (like me) with the width. It is stiff I will say that. While the 67s are tooled I think the 68s will be in production soon.