Wing Thingy

lpskier

• Baller_

I just started riding a Denali C85 with a CG fin. The wing is unusually low relative to the bottom of the ski, too low to use normal wing angle gages. I’ve been using the shaft of my calipers as a spacer (which works fine but is cumbersome and you can’t put a gauge on both sides of the fin while tightening the wing screws without two sets of calipers and four hands). A few days ago I saw a tool that goes over and sits flush on the wing and takes up enough space between the wing and the bottom to be able to use a normal wing angle gauge. The top of this spacer tool is parallel with the the top and bottom of the wing, so the angle of the tool relative to the ski is the same as the wing. The tool is a rectangular piece of aluminum with four cut outs to go over the wing and provide four different spacings between the wing and the bottom. It is not the tool that allows you to measure fin depth without removing the wing.

Anyone know where to find such a thing? It’s not available from Denali or SkiDoc.

Lpskier

• Baller

Another source here-Link

I had this guy add the two bumps to go against the bottom of the ski when I was on the C-65. The tail bottom has a fair amount of rocker on it so the 1st gen gauges rocked on the bottom. I don't know about the C 75/ C 85 tails but something to check.

• Members
Depending on your angle gauge set, you can add two together and you won't need a spacer. For example, if you're looking for 9*, a 4* and a 5* will stack to get that. An 11* and reversed-4* will get you 7* (a common Denali setting). You just have to get creative.

If the 'wing thingy' that @lpskier is referring to is not available for purchase, if somebody has one and can tell me the spacing on those slots (ie, the distance between the outer edge of the rectangle, and each of the 4 slot outer edges), I can throw together a quick 3D-printable design. (I'm not trying to cut into anyone's sales/profits, and I have no financial interest or incentive to design one, but if they're useful and not easily obtainable, I'm happy to put a printable design together and make it freely available, simply for the utility of it.)