WWS American Open

disland

• Baller
I watched some of it yesterday afternoon on the WWS website's broadcast. Hank Longo and Jaret Llewellyn did a good job commentating and they had good camera work. Unfortunately the conditions were really tough on the skiers with strong winds blowing straight down the lake. Joel Poland won all 3 events and therefore the overall title too. I heard Jaret say that they have plans to keep building the event over the next 4 years so it looks like it will continue to happen. I missed the tricking though so I can't speak to the auto calling aspect.

• Baller

The trick calling system that you are referencing is EyeTrick - a new system that is currently being tested. EyeTrick is brought to us by the creators of SplashEye.

As for the amount of discussion or lack thereof, I think that has more to do with lack of knowledge that the event was occurring than individuals not wanting to support overall skiing.

• Baller
The American Open was the first test event for the new eyeTrick system from SplashEye. Designed to give live, accurate and consistent trick scores. Three judges use tablets to score the tricks , producing fully scored and reconciled passes while the skier is still in the water at the end of the lake. Unfortunately some hardware problems prevented the scores going live onto the webcast on Sunday afternoon but it was nonetheless a great weekend for the system. More information will follow over the winter. info@splasheye.com