Skiing near Marco Island Florida?

Jack_Haase

• Baller

A lake in The Quarry subdivision in Naples has a course on it. At least a couple years ago when we stayed there, it had a course. Google maps still shows it too. See below. The course is inside the red oval.

I was never able to connect with someone to ski there.

I saw a new Ski Nautique working on the course one day. And I started a post on BOS to find someone. No luck.

Thanks.

goanwka6zgf9.jpg

• Baller_

@LeonL, Ultimate Ski Lake is located about 10 miles East of Estero (near Fort Myers) off of Corkscrew Rd. I don't have any contacts there anymore. You would need to contact one of the owners to secure an invitation, as I don't believe they offer guest visits directly.

There is a home for sale there now. In fact, it is the house where I stayed and skied back in January 2013, as some of my ski buddies rented it for a year. Here is that listing:

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Real_Estate&postid=61432

a6asoaa8vo9p.jpg

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

@Lakerat, I just looked at some info for Pickos. It looks like they are closed for the month of January (and probably now as well). So, you'll have to look for other options.

One piece of advice that I have is to download the Google Earth ski sites .kmz file and import it into your Google Earth. It provides a bunch of marked sites across the world. You can get the file here:

https://www.ballofspray.com/home-page/google-earth

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Rule #1 - always choose vacation spot after you find a place to ski.

Rule #2 - if it is work related and no ski sites available, extend trip by going before or after to another hotel with ski site available.

Thanks guys! And yes A_B, I am defiantly extending this trip for a extra week to get back to the middle of the state, where they don't look at you cross eyed when you ask about a ski pit! I just took the kids down here to the beach to get out of Kansas for a bit. Not nesicery a ski trip, but I brought my stick, hopeing to find a tug somewhere along the way. If anybody has a line on a boat and driver, hit me up! Thanks Ipskier, I'll try and get ahold of jody.