D3 Ion settings

aupatking

• Baller

68”, 34 mph, mid -32. I’m at factory numbers but have been feeling like I’m putting in a ton of work. Also feeling very narrow into the buoy, offside. I just wasn’t finding much discussion here on Ion settings. I’m not skiing much, so I know my form is not what it needs to be right now, so I’m only focusing on the things that I’m not experiencing with my other skis.

I’m going to give the front boot a 1/8” move forward, as a buddy advised. Skiing time is so limited this time of year, so going through the normal setting change testing is hard to do. Thanks for the input guys

• Baller
Good point @aupatking .I’m in dbl Radar Vapor boots on Radar plates with the front boot all the way forward and the rear boot as close as possible. The front measures about 1/8” forward of factory. I started at one hole back from there for a few sets but landed forward which feels good to me. So both the boots and the fin a scosh forward after a few sets.

• Baller
Maybe a boot move but I'd leave the fin stock on a D3 at the described skiing level(s). Seems like stock numbers in general have been good across the board with modern skis vs. some "magic settings" being out there like the old days.