where it started

Deanoski

• Baller

@RGilmore I actually have seen a pair of skis with the Cubco bindings hanging on the wall in a Zaxbys.

@mbabiash the Voile bindings are very similar and Voile actually makes the adjustment screw for me. The MOB release is derived directly from the ARC release built by @Deanoski . I started using the ARC in ‘93 and continued using it until I had to start making replacement parts in 2013. Then I updated the design and materials to develop what I am building today.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

When I was a teenager I really wanted a pair of Scott boots because that's what a lot of my cool friends and people I looked up to were skiing on. When I went to buy a pair, I found out that my foot size was right at the end of the size range for the medium shell and probably better suited for the large shell. But I thought the proportions of the medium shell looked way more aesthetically pleasing and cooler than the large shell so I insisted on getting the medium shell. The problem was that in order to fit the medium shell I had to go with the absolute thinnest liner they made for that shell. As a result, I only had at most a 1/8 inch thick liner around my feet and my feet nearly froze solid in any kind of weather. Horrible. It just goes to show how non-sensical some of your decisions were (or at least some of mine were) when you were (or at least I was) a kid/teenager. I look back on it now and just shake my head.

• Baller

I had the Hanson Pro I believe. THat was the years of the Jet Sticks. I was on a pair of Splading Siderals. The side cut on those were way back of center. A LA the French Techniqe. I though I was Jean -Cleud Killey. Skiing 5hose tails. Actually a good memory.

• Baller

Funny story:A good friend of mine is the worldwide president of a sporting goods manufacturer that has products in both the snow skiing and inline skating worlds. A water skiing employee of his sent him a picture of a water ski binding and suggested they try to develop a competing product. Knowing that I was a skier, my friend sent me the picture, saying "this is obviously an old binding for a combo set or something, but what do you think about the binding market in general." The picture was of a brand new, high-end (for water skiing any way) Reflex set up.