Used boat market

PacMan

• Baller
I wonder if high used boat prices are here to stay? I'm not sure new boat prices will ever come down, as I've never seen it happen, and that's clearly driving used prices up. Ha, I remember when I first saw a ski boat hit $40k and thought, we've hit the ceiling in this market!

• Baller
@ALPJr thanks for posting that link! I ended up settling on buying that just last Tuesday! I'm going to pick it up next Friday, I can't wait! This is my first boat and will be upgrading from skiing behind my dad's 1986 Mastercraft prostar! Sooo excited!!!

• Members

We are headed south for spring break next week and I'm picking up this PS195 on the way home. I'll be listing my '92 PS190 for sale when it comes out of storage mid April and think I might try eBay. Forever ago I sold my first inboard on eBay (and came out ahead by a couple thousand after owning for two years) but that hasn't seemed like the best way to sell a boat for quite a while. I sold my last two on Craigslist. With people eager to find good boats and selling at the beginning of the season, I think it may work in my favor.

New:

8kztaaq3a21u.jpg

Old:

bxgdbajtojca.jpg

• Baller
Waupaca... that's awesome! I learned to ski on Rainbow where my mom's family (Stevens Point) had a cottage, my stepdad had a cottage on McCrossen for at least 60 years, and now my mom and him have a place on Round. LOVE going back there but, sadly, has been way too crowded for skiing in the past few years. Chain O' Lakes is a wonderful area though and I love my Spotted Cow.

• Baller

I'd love to keep both boats but I have a wife...

Huh???? :p What kinda excuse is that? ;) I have several friends that are multi inboard owners myself included. I too thought the same thing but my ski buds were always telling me.... Dude...You gotta have a spare! I took their advice a little too far and I now have 3. :#

• Baller_
@PeterAK - my ski buddy's wife loves their 190, just sayin'. That is a very nice 190, you will have no trouble selling it. As others have noted, SIA and even a note here will offer a great ski boat to the most knowledgeable audience for that particular vessel.