Radar 2019 Senate Pro vs 2022 Senate Pro or 2022 Vapor

OKSkier

• Baller

Ski 32 mph 22 off, 28 off on a good day.

Have had a few 67” Senates.

17, 19, 20 and now on a 22.

17-20 they seemed to be tweaked to be just a little better than the previous version, but nothing radical, which is good because it was super easy to get on the new version and be comfortable very quickly.

The 22 shape is different. Still easy to adapt to. But the biggest difference is how the ski turns. It carves a tighter, quicker arc. The back of the ski smears more.

That helps you to get back to the pulling phase faster and reduces potential of slack line as the ski does not run down course as much in the turn.

I skied the 19 and 22 back to back.

Both good skis but that was what I noticed the most. There are probably other things some others could chime in on that they noticed.

I would pull the trigger on the 22.

Either the Vapor or Senate. Can’t go wrong. Try before you buy if you can.

• Baller
If you do get the 22, don’t sell ur 19 right away. I’m at a similar level to you -22 to -35 @ 34 mph and can’t figure out my new 22 senate. I’m down 1/2 a pass with it. I cannot seem to get the angle with it. Stock binding position is further back on 22 than the 19. I picked up a mono plate over the winter with microjust hoping I can dial it in. If not is going up for sale. Just my $0.02.

• Baller

I downsized going from a 71" 2019 Senate Lithium to a 69" 2022 Senate Pro. I'm 245-250 lbs depending what I had for breakfast.

I had my 2019 pretty dialed, but the 2022 seems to turn in on my offside much more automatically and gives me a more symmetrical path than my 2019 did. It's also far more willing to make a tight turn on my offside if I'm running late. On the 2019, if I needed to scramble, I'd make a pitted on-side turn to try to get back in shape. On the 2022, I can do that on either side as long as I'm not trying my hardest pass (28 off at 34 MPH currently).

I've run 28 on the 2022, have not on the 2019.

• Baller

@Windsurfnut have not sorry. Have been on Senates forever.

I will give a brief thought on the 20 Vapor vs the 20 Senate as the similar attributes will likely apply even though the 22 lineup has a different shape than the 22. Skied both 20’s back to back.

Both the 20 Vapor/Senate were set to factory specs with the exception of 8 degree wing for both.

The 20 Vapor had slightly more drag as I rode it flat waiting to pull out. That is to be expected as it is a narrower ski. This isn’t a bad thing as this would allow the ski to slow down slightly quicker coming into the turns. The Vapor turned well and generated good speed on the pull. It was easy to move between skis.

I would say if you are in good physical condition, an aggressive course skier and ski 34-36 the Vapor is the way to go.

If you are in less than ideal condition (older) or just like a ski which rides with a little less effort and ski 30-34 the Senate is a great choice. As I fall into the latter category the Senate makes more sense for me. I ski 32 mph, 15-28 off.

Both skis will get you to short line.

As always try them both if you can.

• Baller
I’d been on the 19 Senate Pro since the day it was introduced and have liked it much. Recently switched to 22 Vapor Pro and so far I am very excited about it. Turns are automatic, holds angle easier, accelerates quicker, let’s me stack intuitively, and carves a higher/earlier line in the course. A little less stable, but a very very little. Also easier on my 68 year old body. I’m happy with it.