RIP Mary Parcheta

The_MS

• Baller_

Sad, sad news.

Minnesota water skier Mary Parcheta passed away in Colorado on March 8, 2022. She had her beloved dog and her family at her side. Mary fell skiing on January 14 and spent over seven weeks in the hospital following brain surgery. She journeyed bravely in her fight to recover, but made a choice that it was time to go be with her beloved husband, sister and son-in-law that have awaited her in heaven.

• Baller

Yes, really a great lady. She was also the alpine ski coach at my old high school (boys and girls) for years. My office was across the road from her home for years and I was occasionally able to do a lunchtime ski ride. Her husband Jack passed away a couple of years ago- he was an incredible guy who ski raced several years after having a stroke that partially disabled him, but he kept going.

MN has lost a lot of incredible skiers recently- Tom Chapin, Jim Peterson, Don Rott, Roya and Fran Hagen- the people who got this sport going and kept it going for a lot of years are leaving us...

• Supporting Member
So, so sad to hear this. Mary was an amazing woman! An alpine coach for decades in MN and, a female engineer years before that. She had amazing stories and endless positive energy. You were lucky to be on a starting dock with her. RIP, Mary! MN will certainly miss you!