Pandas

disland

• Baller
Funny how that got shut down so quick. Sure they are making ProStars as fast as they can but how many are they actually going to build? Like any other investor owned company they have to answer to the shareholders. Right now business is booming on the Surf boat side with a lot of profit compared to a 3 event boat. It would only make wise business sense to build as few ski boats as possible.

• Baller

Maybe they think the others will bow out and they will have that market for themselves, then able to set a profitable price point. The point is well taken, though, when you look at Ford/Lincoln no longer going to make sedans.

There is also the concept of loss leader and the gateway drug--not to mention brand loyalty when stepping up--those aging skiers with grandkids who want to be on the water and show everyone a good time who, ugh, buy a wake-boat.

B/C I had a waterskimag subscription I now get "Boating" which is amusing for a variety of reasons--but also is dedicated to super high-priced boats. Malibu has a pretty consistent presence issue after issue. Probably wise as their readership needs their $800K ocean vessel with 4 outboards, but also needs that surf boat--and apparently can afford both. Maybe they need a ski boat, too.

MC should get presence in that publication, as goofy as it sounds. Then keep making ski boats if the rest of 'em bail on it.

• Baller_
I eagerly awaited the "Annual Watersports Issue" of said Waterski Mag replacement "Boating" to read about '4 Great Tow Tubes Tested' If only I could grant it a Panda! And could Todd R do a swerve video for that (for those not in the know, You Tube edged in water and swerve).