Northern michigan

Hofftoski

• Baller
I can't help you with your question, but I love how that is considered northern Michigan. I lived in the lower peninsula for a few years, and would always crack up when anyone talked about northern Michigan. It's like the upper peninsula doesn't even exist.

• Baller

@tjs1295 I believe the upper peninsula is called the U.P. (You pee). You get there by crossing “the bridge” aka mackinaw bridge.

So, “up north” or northern Michigan is still below the bridge….

At least to the folks in southern Michigan….

I have taken my boat to Lake bellaire, beautiful lake and made the trip to torch. Have a 2000 ski nautique. This time I'm looking to connect with someone up there. No one has forgotten about the UP. It's a great place

• Baller

@ETskier the only one I know of is on Silver , a bit south and west of Traverse, maybe 10 minutes. I skied it a few years ago. It sits in a nice protected cove. I think there is public launch there.

@Hofftoski I’m up there every 2-3 weekends and hopefully for a couple of full weeks, maybe 2 full weeks in August. I have an older LSV that skis pretty well. PM me if you are interested in connecting, or grabbing a barley pop at the Dockside or Shorts!

• Baller
I hear what you guys are saying about the UP. Just always seemed funny to me. I spend quite a bit of time in the UP these days. We love it. Plan is to move to Ironwood in the next few years. Not sure where I'll water ski, but I know where I'll cross country ski.

• Baller
I’m moving to the Traverse City area. There’s a course on Silver Lake and Crystal Lake. People have told me there is also one on Long Lake near Interlochen, but I haven’t verified that. PM me if you want a 3rd. I won’t have my Txi there until after Father’s Day.

• Baller

We have a place on land between Bellaire and Torch lake.

Bellaire is good for skiing early most days but does get busy by 11 am

Also Clam lake in the early morning can be ok. I keep my boat at Dewitts and they launch and takeout for me so handy but they don't start earl enough.

We only visit from time to time hoping to relocate full time to the area in 3 years.

If a group wants to meet up at Dockside or Shorts we are in, be good to meet.

We will be in Bellaire 6/26-7/3.

• Baller
@MISkier @braindamage yes there was a course on long lake 2 years ago. It’s against the side of the 3rd island. I didn’t ski that course. I hooked up with @34mph and he pulled me on a smaller lake near long lake as I was practicing for states