2022 San Gervasio Pro Am Day 3 - Amateurs + Pro Finals

Horton

• Baller

Great webcast and tournament! All first class! Big congrats to Matteo's team and all the TWBC crew! The guy on the dock (forgot his name) also did a great job on the interviews!

Can't wait to ski there in 2024!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller_

Who is this Matteo Ianni fellow? At first when they said Matteo I just assumed it was Matteo Luzzeri but then realized it wasn't. I found his (Ianni's) commentary and perspectives to be super insightful! (also did anyone catch when he was lauding Lightfoot's ability to commentate for hours on end? He said "

" :D).

The combo of him and Freddie is probably the best "booth lineup" I've heard!

• Baller
The Water Ski Podcast (Matteo Luzzeri), did a podcast with Matteo Ianni. Great listen. Yes, injury ended his skiing career way to soon. His sister finished third yesterday in the women’s pro division.

• Baller_

One weird thing though, when Matteo Ianni and Freddie Winter were discussing Dane Mechler switching to a T-Factor, they said "well, there's a safety risk with it being a non-releasable binding."

?? Have these guys been using hardshells for so long they forgot the old school way of releasing, that your foot can just come out of a rubber binding? lol, I use a T-Factor and know many others do as well and I haven't had or heard any issues with non-release. Of course, you can cinch the bungees tighter or looser, but even with them quite tight, I can push the back of my ski and my front foot comes out fine.

• Baller
Yes, I agree SS. When I got back into slalom after a few years break was surprised at all the new (to me) reflex bindings and such. Ive always come out of Wileys on the course and jump wipeouts with no injuries, well apart from the usual pain. Also after witnessing someone on one of these bindings get released pre-wake, for no reason it would seem - I thought, you know what, ill just stick to the rubber - didn't fancy any surprises there.