Boat Usage Credit

disland

• Baller
@skierjp Exclusively meaning no promo boats, compared to utilizing a promo boat in conjunction with personal or club boats. There are no promo boats in this area to support local tournaments, therefore to host tournaments in this area it is relying exclusively on personal or club boats, no support from any manufacturer. @skiinxs That is great that they are supporting the Missouri tournaments with your involvement and hard work. The tournament originally referenced here exclusively utilized personal boats. In this scenario, it would not seem correct to give credits to the manufacturers for competitions they really didn't support, or go towards their national support percentage.

• Baller
At some point, requirements to pull Nationals and Regionals are going to have to be reduced - if they haven't been already. It seems like we are lucky to have any tow boats at all, and the future doesn't look bright.

• Baller
@dbutcher yes, any support for Regionals and Nationals should be allowed and appreciated. The "credit" system should really be utilized to see where the promo programs are being utilized, and the system be updated to identify/capture tournaments that were not supported.

• Baller_

8yhoexutljj3.jpg

used this at the Georgia State championships. women /men 5 and above slalom.

we also used a 2022 Mastercraft promo as well as a 2019 Ski Nautique promo.

very much appreciated and manufacturer credit given.

no credit to manufacturers unless they support tournaments with boats sponsored by manufacturers via official promo programs.

• Baller_

@disland just a question, did you reach out to the companies to see if they would help? not to stir anything just wondering if that was done and they flat out said no?

Edit*

I have never put on a tournament, so I am not sure how that works, it is really just a question of personal interest.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller_
There is a grand total of 1 SN promo in the north Texas area. I don't know of any MC or Malibu promos in the area. For @disland tournament, the SN promo was committed to a Record tournament in Arkansas, so there were basically no promo boats available within a 5 hour drive.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. My perception of the promo program was always what it kinda said it was, a way to promote the brand and by allowing the skiing public to see and ski behind the brand, and thus increase sales. Obviously that's not the situation today. All brands sell all that they choose to make (read bigger boats with bigger margins taking build slots) so I don't see the promo program living much longer. Witness the current number of promo boats.