Pro star windshield

teammalibu

• Baller

My neighbor just picked up a 2012

Prostar 197 that was hit hard by a jet ski!

He has a guy lined up to do the fiberglass repair but needs a windshield! The drivers side was trashed but the pass side and center section are still good.

He is looking for the drivers side or complete windshield!

I have been told 2001 to 2013 will work!

Thanks Ballers!

• Baller

Well I guess my point is that its super risky to buy boats like this - its not a honda civic there aren't just tons of windows on the market for sale.

This guy https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032831916881 Pete Johnson apparently bought a warehouse of MC parts and is selling stuff.

There are also tons of companies making plastic windows - https://www.boatwindows.com/ that can help him out.

But the reason people get in this scenario is that you get this check for the value of the window and then people resell the boats - its not a very honest way to conduct business.

• Baller
Its not like he sold the boat at the same price he would have with the window. And i am sure the buyer new what he was getting into. I don’t see the dishonesty. If anything the seller probably took a loss buy not fixing it. He likely just didn’t want to deal with it and move on. Sorry no help on where to get one.

• Baller

....The problem is everyone that buys these windshield-less boats just thinks "oh I'll call the factory and get one" becacuse 2012 seems pretty recent, but the factories dont give a crap about stuff that's more than a few years old.

Like the guy buying a 2017 Prostar I have.. "I'll call a dealer and get some rear seats" No... you literally can't. I told him that upfront.

• Baller
Windshields can be a real b*tch to find in used boats. Lots of times you need to get one fabbed or go plastic. There were a couple threads on windshields on Team Talk a while back that may be worth a search; the general theme was very spendy and a total PITA.

• Baller

Saw this place recommended on faceyspace for acrylic windshield replacements. You send the frame, and they custom fabricate the piece. Pics look pretty good. Third Coast Plastics (832) 649-7622

edit: I don't know if acrylic and/or polycarbonate is available from this vendor.

cql4vahj9fdf.png

8opiei0hnvz9.png

• Baller
@Mastercrafter exactly the case, I cannot count the number of people who have joined Teamtalk or one of the facebook groups to post hey just got this boat screaming deal only needs a window and a few of the window frame bits. Who has em and then gets disappointed to find out that they're looking at 8K worth of custom glass.

• Baller

@mastercrafter yes that was me... haha

My ski partner had his 2004 malibu windshield (and frame) crushed by a broken canopy and his malibu dealer referred him to an aftermarket windshield company, Pacific coast Marine Windshields out of BC, Canada. Not sure how long it took (or how much it cost) but it looks oem.