Nautique 200 Throttle Handle

Laz

• Baller

Hi Ballers. Perhaps someone can help me with what I think should be a simple fix.

My throttle stopped locking into neutral. It will go into gear without having to pull up on the circle-thing. I took it apart and I think the problem is a missing spring. The little lock-thing will slide into place if I push it down, but it will not pop down by itself. Please see the attached picture. I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like, but I think there should be two springs, one below the narrowing and one above. Does anyone know?

Thanks.3ukt07mbzdqt.jpeg

• Baller_

Interesting. I had the same issue 2 months ago with the spring breaking. Couldn’t find a replacement spring without buying a whole new assembly. I ended up putting in 2 springs from old ballpoint pens and it works ok. Much less resistance but locks into place pretty reliably.

At some point I may replace with a stiffer spring but the 2 springs out of a pen is adequate.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

There are 3 Allen bolts in the holes in your pic. Remove those and the base will separate. I don’t remember if the knob at the top needs to come off or not, but there is another small Allen bolt that will let it come off as well.

You will want to be sure it’s greased when you reassemble.

• Baller
Anyone ever had an assembly tick? My new model 200 started ticking when put in gear (forward or reverse). The ticking is roughly 120 times a minute and does not change based upon RPMs. Everything, except for the ticking, works fine.

• Baller
On a related item, a while ago the neutral button on mine stopped working. I really don’t ever have a reason to rev it up in neutral, but I don’t have the ability to do it anymore. It makes a weird nose but doesn’t stay in neutral when I push it. Has anyone ever replaced that neutral button on, it’s a 2015 200

• Baller

@Bruce_Butterfield

I found a replacemnt spring and will try the repair tomorrow. In the picture, there is a spring in the space next to "200". Is there normally a second spring in the space above? Not sure what it would be pushing on.

My thought is that only the remaining spring has died and needs to be replaced.

• Baller_

That was an oddball thing. When I took mine apart, I think there were 3 pieces. I think it is suppose to be a single spring that broke in several places over the years. I can't think of any reason for multiple springs in that assembly.

Its not that sensitive and almost any spring that will fit should work as long as you get close to a reasonable tension.